Toastmasters Youth Programs for youth under 18.
- Overcome nervousness when speaking before an audience.
- Organize and present ideas logically and convincingly.
- Listen carefully to the ideas of others.
- Participate in, and lead group discussions or meetings.
- Offer advice to help others improve their speaking and leadership skills.
Youth Leadership Program (YLP)
YLP is an 8-week program, which enables participants to develop their speaking and leadership potential through practical experience. The YLP must be presented by a Toastmaster in good standing, following the guidelines in the Youth Leadership Coordinator’s Guide.
Interpersonal Communication Program (ICP)
The ICP is similar to the Youth Leadership program, but is designed to be run by Non-Toastmasters.
Gavel Clubs (Junior Toastmasters club for youth under 18)
Gavel clubs are perpetual clubs. Meetings are held regularly, and the club operates (for the most part) in the same way adult Toastmasters clubs do. Members perform the same roles, and use the same manuals (CC & CL) as the adult TM clubs. Participants increase their self-confidence as they become better speakers and leaders.
Requirements to start a YLP or Gavel Club
- Toastmaster in good standing
- Have completed at least 6 speeches
- Have a sponsoring organization
If you would like to start a TM youth program, please email TM new clubs.